Pathway to Success
Every person is unique. Every person has different genetics, environmental factors, and makes an infinite number of choices that affect their growth and development. Through a combination of individual and group counseling with an emphasis on a particular area of focus, every person has the potential to maximize their strengths, identify and strive to accomplish something about which they are passionate, and launch their quest for personal and professional growth.
Your Pathway to Success is the individually-tailored blueprint your Stay Focused counselor and you will create together. Your Stay Focused counselor will help you identify and shape your goals. We will assist you to implement the steps on the path toward self-actualization. We will breakdown the areas of Healthy Living, Healthy Relationships, Freedom, and Career Development to determine where you can further gain knowledge and skills to improve in those areas.
You will meet with a trained professional for a thorough assessment and design your Pathway to Success.
- You can set up a plan at the outset with a specified number of sessions so as to satisfy a court-ordered or other-directed condition in order to demonstrate what positive changes you’ve made in your life. The plan may also be something you choose at your discretion without any expectations to do so on the part of someone else.
- You can also establish a club membership and take advantage of all the programming that is offered over an extended period. My vision is to partner with a variety of other agencies and individuals or groups with expertise in a specific area of focus. I endorse the wholistic approach at solving problems from a variety of perspectives. At Stay Focused Counseling, we are here to support you and help you realize your potential.
To get started, contact Stay Focused Counseling to set up a free orientation. You can choose to do this individually or in a group session (6 people or less). Following the orientation, you will then schedule an assessment to design your Pathway to Success. From there you will identify the number of individual sessions that will be recommended. You will also identify the areas you want to focus in group and the skills you want to improve. If your plan includes groups, there is a required 8 session introductory Stay Focused group. The format of each group is as follows: Check In (30 minutes), Topic A (20 minutes), break (15 minutes), Topic B (20 minutes), Skill Development (25 minutes), and Closing (10 minutes).
Topics include the following:
- Adjustment / Adapting
- Budgeting / Planning
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution / Negotiation,
- Cultural Differences
- Increase Your Energy / Staying Alert and Keeping Mind Sharp
- Maximizing Strengths
- Time Management – Be Efficient and Organized